Meet with business owners/managers, leaders in the community, neighborhood watch members and assess:
• Security Needs
• Current trends in crime
• Develop action plans to reduce property loss
• Become points of contact for future needs
• Provide greater security for students in and around school by:
– Directing patrols around school grounds before and after school, and during school related events.
– Conducting walkthroughs when school is in session and during school related events.
**We’ve established a School Safety Committee comprised of one part-time officer who works closely with the schools, and 3 full time officers. The officers meet quarterly to discuss school safety among themselves and with school officials. The officers also conduct training with the schools on a regular basis.