Permits are required for everything except siding and fences (fences must follow the ordinance on height restrictions). Interior remodeling permits are done through Winnebago County Building Department 815-319-4350. Exterior remodeling including decks, room additions, garages, sheds, chicken coops and swimming pools will need a Roscoe Zoning Permit.

Permit application forms can be accessed by clicking on the permit name listed below.

The zoning permit is taken to Winnebago County for the building permit. Winnebago County Building Department is located at 404 Elm Street in Rockford.


Scott Sanders, Village Administrator
Village of Roscoe
office:  815-623-2829
cell:  815-988-5199