VACANCY OFFICE OF THE CLERK
The Village of Roscoe is currently accepting applications for the vacant position of Village Clerk. The Village President shall appoint a qualified person to serve as the Village Clerk for the remainder of a two-year term until the lawful election of a Clerk in the next regular municipal election. Any eligible village resident who may be interested in serving as Village Clerk should send a letter interest and resume to Anne Hanson, Compensation & Benefits Specialist at 10631 Main Street, Roscoe IL, 61073, or email to email@example.com.
Letters of interest must be received no later than October 24, 2019, interviews, if required, will be scheduled for the last week of October, with an expected confirmation date of November 5, 2019.
The position requires attendance at all meetings of the Village Board, currently scheduled for 6:30 pm on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Those seeking additional information about the role of the Village Clerk in the Village government will find a brief description of the duties for this position on the Village of Roscoe website, www.villageofroscoe.com
Village Clerk Job Description
The Village of Clerk is an elected position, serving a four-year term of office. Duties of the Village Clerk include:
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Trustees (6:30 pm, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays), keep a full and accurate record of all proceedings, publish and maintain a record of approved minutes.
- Notify Media and Public of all Village meetings and post agendas, advertisements, and notices as required by law.
- Keep Village records, maintain files of all approved Ordinances, Resolutions and other documents as required by law in a systematic order utilizing existing filing structures for easy reference.
- Deliver to the Village President all Ordinances or Resolutions in the Clerk’s charge which are required to be approved or acted upon by the President.
- Maintain Custody and control over Village documents which are not assigned to the custody of some other officer.
- Maintain custody of Village Seal and affix on documents whenever required.
- Receive nominating papers and certify names of all candidates for local elections entitled to be printed on the Election Ballot
- Notify persons elected or appointed to officer and administer Oath of Office.
- Maintain a record of Elected Officials, appointed committees and commissioners, and regular employees.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be delegated by the President and Board of Trustees.
Should the office of Village Clerk be declared vacant for any reason, the Village President shall appoint a successor to be qualified by the Board of Trustees as is provided by statute.