POLICE ENTRY LEVEL APPLICATION
The Village of Roscoe Police Department is accepting applications for the position of an entry-level police officer.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Roscoe, Illinois.
- Applicant must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Valid Drivers License at time of appointment
- No record of a conviction of a felony or misdemeanor as identified in the Illinois Police Training Act (50 ILCS 705 et seq.), or a crime involving moral turpitude
- Must live within a 35-mile radius of Roscoe Village Hall, located at 10631 Main St, Roscoe, IL 61073, within 15 months of appointment
- Not more than 35 years of age at the time of the appointment
- At the time the name of a qualified Candidate is placed upon the Final Eligibility Register, he or she must be under the age of 35 unless exempt by statute. Successful applicants who are under 20 years of age will not be appointed to active duty unless they have completed two years of Law Enforcement Studies from an accredited college/university. Applicants under the age of 20 will not be considered for employment.
REQUIRED DOCUMENT INSTRUCTIONS
It is your responsibility to provide the following documents to the department. Documents can be submitted within the online application or mailed/hand-delivered to the Roscoe Police Department, C/O Entry Level Hire Application, 10595 Main Street, Roscoe, IL 61073
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate (copy)
- Certified Birth Certificate (copy)
- College or University degree (copy)
- Military Service Record (DD-214) (copy)
- Driver’s License (copy of both sides)
- Citizenship and/or Naturalization Papers (if applicable)
- Social Security Card (copy of original)
ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Fill out this application completely and accurately. All statements in this application are subject to verification.
Qualified applicants will be contacted for advancement in the selection process.
The Village of Roscoe, IL, is an Equal Opportunity Employer