Advanced Disposal will be implementing the following measures:
Village of Roscoe COVID-19 Response
Following the guidelines established for preventing community spread of Coronavirus and the corresponding COVID-19 infection, and in keeping with recommendations established by the State of Illinois, Illinois Department of Public Health and the Winnebago County Health Department, the Village of Roscoe is closing all facilities to the public. This closure also applies to the Secretary of State Driver’s License Facility located within Village Hall. All departments will remain operational, and phone lines will be open. The Roscoe Police Department will operate at regular staffing levels, and incoming phone calls will be routed through an automated directory system.
This closure to the public shall remain in effect through Friday April 3, 2020, at which time we will follow best practice recommendations of the appropriate regulatory agencies and evaluate further action.
Here’s a list of local restaurants in Roscoe that will be offering delivery, curbside pick-up, and drive-thrus:
* Anna Maria’s S. Beloit & Roscoe IL (curbside pick-up, and delivery)
Phone: (815) 389-2645
* Fiesta Cancun Roscoe IL. (delivery and curbside pick-up)
Phone: (815) 623-3111
* FIREHOUSE PUB, Roscoe, Illinois (curbside pick-up)
Phone: (815) 623-8389
* Jessica’s Restaurant (delivery and curbside pick-up)
Phone: (815) 623-2223
* Louie’s Tap House(delivery and curbside pick-up)
Phone: (815) 270-1020
* Mary’s Market Roscoe (curbside pick-up and drive-thru at Roscoe location)
Phone: (815) 270-0575
* Main Street Meat Co. (curbside pick-up)
Phone: (815) 623-6328
* Perfectly Seasoned Catering (curbside pick-up Wednesday ONLY)
Phone: (815) 242-7744
* Pietro’s pizzeria (delivery and curbside pick-up)
Phone: (815) 623-2112
* Poison Ivy Pub (delivery and curbside pickup)
Phone: (815) 623-1480
* Sabrosa Tex Mex Restaurant (delivery and curbside pickup)
Phone: (815) 623-8226
* Sophia’s Restaurant (curbside pick-up)
Phone: (815) 623-5903
This list will continue to be updated as more information comes in, also please know delivery options are also offered through services such as Grub Hub and Door Dash.
Please continue to support our local businesses during this difficult time! If there is a local restaurant offering delivery and/or curbside pick-up options, please email email@example.com.
Village of Roscoe Five Year Roadway Improvement Plans
For Immediate Release: March 3, 2020
EARLY VOTING FOR ROSCOE RESIDENTS AT HARLEM TOWNSHIP OFFICES
While the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that the immediate risk to the general American public for contracting the coronavirus remains low, and there are no confirmed cases in Winnebago County, they suggest that now is the time for communities to start preparing.
To stay up to date and informed on official coronavirus developments, you can sign up for the latest CDC updates here: https://www.cdc.gov/Other/
Below are the CDC’s prevention tips:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, and certainly if your commute includes public transit.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
• Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The purpose of a face mask is to prevent droplets from sneezing and coughing from becoming airborne
For Immediate Release: February 27, 2020
2020 SPRING WEIGHT POSTINGS
Due to the annual freeze/thaw cycles, the roadways are beginning to soften up. The Public Works Department is now posting signs on roadways that temporarily restrict use from heavy trucks. Typically, the spring road posting period is 4-6 weeks in duration.
The Village of Roscoe will begin the enforcement of spring weight postings on certain Village roads Monday, March 3rd, 2020
Please see below for a list of the posted roads within the Village of Roscoe.
For additional information please contact:
Public Works Director
- 2nd St.
- Promontory Trail
- Hidden Creek Ln.
- Saddle Club Dr.
- Woodbury Ridge Dr.
- Joncey Dr.
- Hodges Run
- Broad St.
- Chestnut St.
- Chicory ridge Way
- Meadowsweet Ln.
- Metalmark Ln.
- Clearwing Ln.
- Lismore Rd.
- Leana Dr.
- Night owl Ln.
- Thicket Trail
- Forest Ridge Dr.
- River View Trail
- Mulberry St.
- Pearl St.
- Thompson Dr.
- Geneva Dr.
- Pappy Brown Dr.
- Grove St.
- Rural Edge Dr.
- Flatwillow Dr.
- McDonald Rd.
- Leicester Way
- Southdown Ln.
- Tall Pines Pkwy
- Country Ct.
- Sheringham Dr.
Gross Weight Limits
Vehicles Restricted to the Following Gross Weights
- 2 Axles, Single Rear Tires 7,000 lbs.
- 2 Axles, Dual Rear Tires 18,000 lbs.
- 3 or More Axles, Dual Rear Tires 30,000 lbs.
- Gross Axle Load 11,000 lbs
Please Join Us
The Villages of Roscoe and Rockton have both placed One Cent local sales tax referendums on the upcoming March 17th primary ballot. An open honest discussion about such an initiative is critical to making an informed decision at the polls. Members of both municipalities will jointly be holding a number of Town Hall style meetings in the coming weeks to present important information regarding the referendum and its impact on our future, to answer any questions, and more importantly to listen to the concerns and comments of our residents. Please join us at one of the following events:
Thursday March 5, 6:30 pm
Stephen Mack Middle School Library 11810 Old River Road, Rockton
Saturday March 7, 10:00 am
Roscoe Middle School Library 6121 Elevator Road, Roscoe
Tuesday March 10, 6:30 pm
Roscoe Village Hall 10631 Main Street, Roscoe
Saturday March 14, 10:00 am
North Suburban Library 5562 Clayton Circle, Roscoe
We look forward to meeting with as many of you as possible, please watch for more information in the days to come.
Christmas Tree Recycling Information
- Village of Roscoe Residents can place their Real Trees and Wreaths alongside their Garbage pickup at no charge
- No piece can be longer than 4 ft.
- Please remove all decorations, lights, plastic bags, and wires
For more information, stop into Village Hall and pick up a pamphlet or call The Village of Roscoe at 815-623-2829.
It may have been cold but we had a BLAST last Saturday at our Chicory Ridge Park Grand Opening.
Special thank you to Village of Roscoe Police Department and Harlem-Roscoe Fire Protection District for joining our celebration. The kids loved being able to meet our local First Responders and being able to sit inside a police car, ambulance, and fire truck.
We’d love to see your photos!!! Share below what was your child’s favorite thing to play on.
Each week the Village of Roscoe will highlight one of our local businesses.
This week we’d like to Taco-bout Sabrosa Tex Mex Restaurant.
Sabrosa Tex Mex Restaurant has been serving authentic tex-mex for almost 20 years using only the freshest ingredients available. Owned by Roy & Belinda Niksich and Rolly Ontiveroz, their dishes come from Belinda and Roy’s mothers famous recipes and are available for dine-in, carry-out, and catering. Don’t want to cook dinner tonight ? Give them a call!
Relax and Learn with R&L Ceramics! Owner Linda has been in business for over 38 years, teaching people of all ages how to create and paint their own ceramic pieces. In these therapeutic, fun classes students work at their own pace with no pressure to create finished ceramic pieces to take home.
Classes are offered Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30pm-9:30pm and Wednesdays and Saturdays 9am-12pm. Drop in classes are available for $10 (ceramic not included). Finished pieces are available for purchase as well.
Are you looking for vintage items, furniture, DIY chalk paint, architectural salvage or local owned tea? Look no further than A Little Bird Told Me Vintage! This 4-year-old locally owned business also sells Jewelry from Papillion Enterprise, which has hired over 500 Haitians to help prevent the risk of their children being put into orphanages, for more information please visit their website at https://papillonmarketplace.com/
On November 30th A Little Bird Told Me Vintage is hosting a Paint Bar where you can stop in and paint Christmas Ornaments with DIY Chalk paint and on December 14th they will be offering a Wrap Bar. Bring in one gift and you can wrap it for free, make a purchase and have that wrapped for free as well! For more information, please follow the page.
Located at 10670 Main St. in Roscoe. FIREHOUSE PUB, Roscoe, Illinois offers family-friendly dining in a renovated fire station for over 16 years. Burgers, sandwiches, salads, and more. Banquet room available at no charge. Stop in to watch your favorite sporting event on one of their 20+ TVs! Daily Specials like 50 cent wings on Wednesday, Half price Burgers on Thursday, and Friday Fish Fry.
So what are you waiting for??? Head over to FIREHOUSE PUB, Roscoe, Illinois and let them take care of dinner. Don’t make us tell you twice. 😏