In keeping with the Village of Roscoe’s commitment to customer service, the Human Resources Department provides internal customer service for 22 full-time employees, numerous part-time and seasonal employees. The Department serves as an information resource and ombudsman, oversees recruitment, benefits administration, classification/compensation, employee and labor relations, policy development, employee recognition, worker’s compensation, risk management, and a variety of special projects.
In addition to employee-related matters, the Human Resources Department serves as the point of contact for liability claims against the Village. This includes claims of personal injury (e.g., slip and fall on Village property) and property damage (e.g., sanitary sewer backups). Such claims may be sent in writing to the Human Resources Director who gathers the preliminary information. The claim may then be forwarded on to the Village’s insurance carrier for final determination based upon case precedents and current tort immunity laws. Tort immunity means that the Village is typically protected against claims unless the cause is proven to show “willful and wanton” neglect on the part of the Village.
The HR Department is located an the Village Hall at 10631 Main St. and is operated by Anne Hanson. The office welcomes calls or scheduled visits from interested applicants and all City employees from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Voice mail messages may also be left during other hours at (815) 623-2829, extension 105. The Village of Roscoe is an equal opportunity employer.
The Village of Roscoe is currently accepting applications for the vacant position of Village Clerk. The Village President shall appoint a qualified person to serve as the Village Clerk for the remainder of a two year term until the lawful election of a Clerk in the next regular municipal election. Any eligible village resident who may be interested in serving as Village Clerk should send a letter of interest and resume to Village of Roscoe, P.O. Box 283, Roscoe, IL 61073, attention Anne Hanson, Compensation & Benefits Specialist. An email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letters of interest must be received no later than May 31st, interviews, if required, will be scheduled for June 1st and 2nd, with an expected confirmation date of June 6th 2017.
The Village of Clerk is an elected position, serving four year term of office. Duties of the Village Clerk include:
• Attend all meetings of the Board of Trustees (6:30 pm, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays), keep a full and accurate record of all proceedings, publish and maintain a record of approved minutes.
• Notify Media and Public of all Village meetings and post agendas, advertisements, and notices as required by law.
• Keep Village records, maintain files of all approved Ordinances, Resolutions and other documents as required by law in a systematic order utilizing existing filing structures for easy reference.
• Deliver to the Village President all Ordinances or Resolutions in the Clerk’s charge which are required to be approved or acted upon by the President.
• Maintain Custody and control over Village documents which are not assigned to the custody of some other officer.
• Maintain custody of Village Seal and affix on documents whenever required.
• Receive nominating papers and certify names of all candidates for local elections entitled to be printed on the Election Ballot
• Notify persons elected or appointed to officer and administer Oath of Office.
• Maintain a record of Elected Officials, appointed committees and commissioners, and regular employees.
• Perform other duties as may from time to time be delegated by the President and Board of Trustees.
• Should the office of Village Clerk be declared vacant for any reason, the Village President shall appoint a successor to be qualified by the Board of Trustees as is provided by statute.