Meet with business owners/managers, leaders in the community, neighborhood watch members and assess:
- Security Needs
- Current trends in crime
- Develop action plans to reduce property loss
- Become points of contact for future needs
- Provide greater security for students in and around school by:
- Directed patrols around school grounds before and after school, and during school related events.
- Conducting walk-throughs when school is in session and during school related events.
**We have just established a School Safety Committee comprised of one part-time officer who works closely with the schools, and 3 full time officers. The officers meet quarterly to discuss school safety among themselves and with school officials. The officers also conduct training with the schools on a regular basis.