Publics Works & Parks

The Village of Roscoe Public Works Department is located at 5402 Swanson Road adjacent to Roscoe Thunder Park. Hours of operation are 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM Monday through Friday. The phone number is 815-877-0746 and fax number is 815 516 5775. If your call is transferred to voice mail during normal business hours, we are either away from our desk or unable to take your call. Please follow the prompts on the voice mail system to leave a message for the appropriate person. Your call will be returned as soon as possible.

Rick Bates is the Village of Roscoe Public Works Supervisor supervising a staff of four full-time employees, one part-time employee, seasonal employees and an administrative assistant.

The Public Works Department maintains 67 road miles and rights-of-way, six parks, the buildings housing the Village Hall, Roscoe Police Department and the Maintenance Facility as well as the Public Works vehicles and equipment.




Applicants must have a minimum Class B CDL w/airbrake endorsement, experience driving heavy-duty snow plows, and have a good driving record.  Click here for employment application.

Qualified applicants send applications to:  Village of Roscoe, Attention Anne Hanson, PO Box 283, Roscoe, IL 61073.  Resumes can be dropped off at Village Hall, 10631 Main Street in Roscoe M-F 8:30am – 5:oopm.


Common requests/concerns from Village residents include:

• notification of street signs down, damaged or vandalized
• potholes
• requests for dead animal removal from roadways
• sidewalks, curb & gutter or drainage issues
• plugged culverts
• trees that have fallen in the right-of-way
• mailboxes damaged by a Village snow plow
• sand and salt clean-up after the winter season
• broken or vandalized playground equipment

Concerns such as the above may be brought to our attention by submitting your complaint via “Service Request” located at the footer of this page or you can simply (click here) and choose “open a new ticket” where your information will be forwarded to the appropriate department/staff member.  Vandalism should first be reported to the Roscoe Police Department.

You can call Public Works at 815-877-0746 or send an email by clicking on the following link:  Please include your name, address and phone
number along with the location and the nature of your concern.  Your complaint will be addressed in a timely manner.

ANOTHER COMMON CONCERN – STREET LIGHT OUTAGES: Please note that the Village is not responsible for repairing street lights. ComEd maintains the street lights in the Village of Roscoe and should be contacted via their customer service phone number that appears on your electric bill. Just follow the prompts and choose “Report an Outage”. From there you can choose to report the street light outage. You can also report a street light outage via ComEd’s website at the following link:

SNOW PLOWING:  Done by a fleet of 10 plow trucks capable of sanding and salting.
Please review our Snow Plowing Policy by clicking here.





For a rental form click here


– Rental fee for a resident of the Village of Roscoe is $175 with a $75 deposit.

– Rental fee for a non-resident of the Village of Roscoe is $350 with a $75 deposit.

For both resident and non-resident your completed rental form with payment of rental fee AND the $75 deposit are required to reserve the cabin.

CABIN RENTAL INFORMATION:   A copy of your rental form will serve as your “permit” which you’ll need to have with you on the day of your event.  We ask that you return the key the next business day following your event. Once we’ve received your key and the cabin inspection is clear, your $75 deposit will be mailed to you shortly thereafter.



To rent the pavilion at Leland Park click here for a rental form.  The rental fee for a Village of Roscoe resident is $25 and non-resident is $50.  

Your group can enjoy the use of the playground, basketball hoops, tennis court and grassy areas.  These are NOT part of your rental permit, so please do not ask people that are playing in these areas to leave.  

The completed rental form will serve as your permit which you’ll need to bring with you on the day of your event.